Thursday 9 May 2013

Makeup Shakeup

 
 

I have recently rearranged the products which I keep in my acrylic storage boxes (from Wilkinsons) as I was getting bored of the makeup I was using and I thought it was a good excuse to have a rummage in my collection and use products I haven't used in a while. I'm still loving keeping the majority of my daily face in these boxes, they look lovely on my dressing table. So below is the lowdown of the products I keep in these draws and use on a daily basis;
 
TOP
Mac Fix+ - Ah-mazing! I hate when my makeup makes my face look cakey, a spritz of this solves that problem.
 
Soleil Tan Du Chanel - Now the weather is picking up I've reverted back to using this bronzer (rather than Nars Laguna) I find I like the look of this product once i've fake tanned, I don't use it for contour but on the cheeks, nose and tops of my forehead.
 
Mac Vanilla Pigment - I haven't used this much as i'm still figuring out the best way to use it. I didn't want to put it in a draw or somewhere it would get thrown around as i'm worried about the product going everywhere.
 
Clarins Lotus Oil - I have no idea why this is even on my makeup storage box....hmmmmn. 
 
 
 
FIRST DRAW (Laura Mercier greatness)
These three items when used together give such a flawless finish. They cover blemishes and scarring like no other face products i've used before. My makeup base lasts all day so all three are my new loves - reviews to follow.
 
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Rose Ivory
 
Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Real Sand
 
Laura Mercier Secret Concealor 2
 
 
 
 
SECOND DRAW
This is where I keep nearly all of my MAC lipsticks. I love that I can still see the labels on the bottom of each lipstick through the clear draw, makes it so much easier when choosing. I also keep a couple of other most used lippies at the back including Revlon lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake, Laura Mercier Lipstick Pink Blush and Kate Moss 101 and 107.
 
 
 
THIRD DRAW
Mac Harmony - I love this product for contouring, I don't use it every day but I prefer it to any other contouring product I have at the moment.
 
Mac Melba - This blusher compliments my skin when I apply it over the top of Soleil Tan Du Chanel, lovely for summer.
 
Mac Paintpot Soft Ochre - I use this as my eyeshadow primer/base daily, it doesn't let me down.
 
Sleek Pout Polish Sugar May - I have a few of these lying around, great for a slick of gloss over the top of lipstick.
 
Nars The Happening Palette - I use the eyeshadows every day! Particularly 'Gstaad' (a taupe brown shade which is limited to the palette).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment