Wednesday 3 April 2013

Current Beauty Favourites (my daily face)

 
Above are the beauty makeup products which have been gracing my face for the majority of the past month. I've spoke about a couple of them before but some are quite new to my routine and are products which i've fallen in love with. All are items which I will 100% repurchase when they run out.
 
1. Nars The Happening Palette
I got talked into buying this by the MUA at the Nars counter in Selfridges, Birmingham and i'm so glad I was. The palette contains a bronzer (laguna), a blush (orgasm) and four eyeshadows (night star, gstaad, kuala lumpur, coconut grove)... for £45 I thought this was quite a good deal. Laguna and Orgasm give the most gorgeous combination to the cheeks, especially for quite a muted daytime look. The eyeshadows are also really handy as the colour combinations can be used to create a soft daytime look or for a full on smoky eye. I am still planning on doing a full review on this palette so I wont say much more than this, I just love it.




2. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation - Rose Ivory
My new favourite foundation. For the last few weeks this product has replaced my usual Bourjois Healthy Mix as I feel it gives much better coverage as well as giving a healthy glow to the skin. I buff into my skin using a Real Techniques buffing brush and I only need a small 10p size amount for my whole face. I can see this being my HG foundation, gorgeous.
 
3. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Radiance
I don't usually use a primer before applying my makeup as I feel that alot of them dry out my skin and do more damage than good. However this product is great, it gives a lovely glow to the skin and makes your makeup stay put all day long! I wore this primer in Iceland in -8 degree weather and my makeup did not budge....it has definitely passed the test! I only have a small sample size, so when I run out I will be running to make a purchase.
 
4. Topshop Creme Blush - Neon Rose
The only Topshop creme blush I own. I have used this product for about a year now and love the bright colour and the healthy look it gives to the cheeks. I love my blush to be quite pigmented, and this definitely is, only a tiny amound it needed. It applies so smoothly to the skin, it has a soft texture which stays put on the cheeks.
 
5. Clinique Brush-on Cream Liner - True Black
I'm yet to find an eyeliner which is as black or as long lasting as this one. I've been using this for about 7 months, my favourite!
 
6. Mac Vanilla Pigment
One of my new purchases, I've been wearing this on my brow bone and tear duct area as well as on the tops of my cheeks for nights out. I find it gives the best glow when mixed with a small amount of fix+ before applying (see below).


7. Mac Creme Cup Lipstick
I've gone back to using this little beauty lately, see my mini review in my mac lipstick post here.
 
8. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara - Black
See my review here
 
9. Mac Paint Pot - Soft Ochre
See my review here
 
What are your current favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment