Sunday 24 February 2013

Pre Birthday Haul


It's my 25th birthday on Wednesday so my parents gave me some money to go and treat myself. Typical me, I spent it all on makeup! The Karen Millen bag contains a top which was a birthday present to myself (I just had to). I got a few bits i've been wanting to try for ages and also spent alot of the time getting hints and tips off the MUA's at the different counters. Here's a quick list of the things I picked up;

MAC Fix + I've never tried this product but i've wanted to for ages, i've had a quick spritz ontop of my makeup today and I really like how refreshing it is and the glow it gives to my face.
 
MAC Lipstick in Chatterbox A beautiful pink shade, I cannot wait to wear it.
 
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre I saw this on Lisalisad1's latest friday haul youtube video. It's supposed to provide a base for your eyeshadows to allow their true colour to 'pop' out.
 
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Rose Ivory I'm getting bored of using bourjois healthy mix so purchased another product i've never used from my favourite makeup brand.
 
Nars The Happening Eye & Cheek Palette I originally went to the Nars counter to purchase Laguna, but after talking to the MUA about the makeup she was wearing (gorgeous) she pointed out this palette which contains both Laguna and Orgasm as well as 4 eyeshadows in Night Star, Gstaad, Kuala Lumpur and Coconut Grove. All for £45 which I thought was quite a good deal. This is my favourite purchase of the day.
 
Look Beauty Blush in Flirt I first saw this on llymlrs beauty blog. I love how she does her makeup and this is one of her favourite shades. I like my blush shades to be quite pigmented and this definitely is, can't wait to try it.
 
Look Beauty Lip Liner in Toffee Cup An impulse buy, there wasn't even a tester but i've been looking for a nude/baby pink liner for a while. For only £2 I didn't really care.
 
There were some other products I was dying to try but I couldn't really justify buying. Including Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Balm & a few more MAC products.
 
I will do separate blog posts on each of the products purchased when i've had chance to use them. Do you own any of these products? What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Really like your blog - new follower :) xx

    http://www.sophie-denise.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, hope you have a lovely birthday! :)

    I'm your newest follower and would love it if you checked out my new blog-

    Daydreamsandstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou. yes I did thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete