Monday 18 February 2013

Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour Pink Blush





Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour 'Pink Blush' - £20 LINK

Laura Mercier's description... 'In one smoothing swipe, the crème formula envelops lips in rich colour with a semi-lustrous finish. The cushiony, lightweight texture feels comfortable, while pure Olive Oil and Vitamin E nourish lips. Features an elegant, modern case with a metallised finish.'

Let me just start by saying this is my favourite lipstick ever! Quite a bold statement I know. Firstly lets start with the colour, a 'pink blush' shade which gives a pinky nude effect to the lips. It definitely creates a 'my lips but better' look. I am drawn to shades which lighten my naturally pigmented lips (which I really dislike), think similar to MAC hue (LM is slightly pinker) and Natural Collection Rose Petal (LM is less drying) - both of which are two lipsticks I rate highly. I do think this shade suits my light/medium skintone but as with other light nude shades it may wash you out if you're skin is darker.

Not only is the colour beautiful the application is so creamy and moisturising I feel like i'm applying lip balm rather than a lipstick. The product glides on upon application and leaves a similar finish to MAC's cremesheen lipsticks - slightly glossy. The lipstick is not particularly longlasting, I would say it lasts about 3 hours which I find is typical of most brands.


 Excuse the quality of the photo and the messy hair (getting the roots done on thursday - much needed)


This is the only Laura Mercier lipstick I own and i'm determined to get more. Have you tried this range? Any recommendations??


2 comments: